Mission, We Believe and Vision
The mission of Against the Grain is to educate and empower men and women, who have a history of abuse, addiction or negative cycles, to achieve their unique God-given potential.
- that every man, women and child has been created by God’s design with a purpose.
- that everyone has strengths and assets and can contribute to society.
- that it is possible to facilitate a positive transformation, regardless of previous choices or circumstances and cycles of abuse, additions and dysfunction can be overcome.
- that the Bible contains practical instruction to accomplish the goals stated above and is used as the first reference and final authority in the transformational process.
- that freedom and joy come from a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- that the Church and Christians are called to be in relationship with our communities to reach out in love and model Christ-like behavior.
- that benevolence alone, without life-skills assistance, is detrimental to the physical, emotional and spiritual life of those who give and those who receive.
- To provide educational and life-skills training from a biblical perspective.
- To provide hope and healing, to those affected by abuse, addictions or negative cycles, through practical Bible studies that provide healthy answers to real life experiences and situations.
- To provide resources and training to individuals, churches and organizations that seek to effectively minister to “the least of these”.